Friday, January 22, 2010

Copic Fun/ My Unique Technique of the Week

Hello Friends!
And...Happy Friday!!

How would you like an endless array of colored rhinestones; every color of the rainbow at your disposal?

Did you know that you can use your Copic Markers (or any ALCOHOL-based markers/ink...but most of us have Copic brand, though I know a few of you have the Prisma or Ranger alcohol markers) to color your clear rhinstones?
Yep. In less than a second you can turn any clear rhinestone into any color you wish.

Go from this....

...to This!




Isnt that awesome?! I know!
The brighter colors show up the best. ( sorry my pix are dark...again, it is raining, so I have no sunlight to help a girl out. I need a light box. Too bad Copics cant make me one of them!) Anyway, I use the brush tip end and just swipe it around the stone once and viola!


I only buy clear, and I can make them match any artwork I wish. So fun.

More artwork coming tomorrow.

**Please scroll down and do the Getting To Know You Questions...it's fun to get to know each other!

Inky Hugs,

Cheryl

7 comments:

  1. Well, get out of town! That's cool! I knew there were more reasons to love my new markers! LOL Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is awesome. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Cheryl. That is just too cool. I have colored some dew drops with my copics and those don't hold still, but I never thought to color my sparkles. You are one very clever girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is REALLY neat! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic idea! I'm going to forward you blog along to a couple of friends! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no you didn't! Man why didn't I think to try this. I have colored buttons and ribbons but never dreamed to color some bling bling. Thanks!!! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you sweet friends.

    And Amy, oh yes I did! I SO went there. ;o) I love me some colored bling bling.

    Have a lovely creative weekend friends,
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete