Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Le Snowy Maison (part deux) and Mon Paris Ephemera Notebook



Bonsoir mon ami! How are you today?




Ca va bien, but please allow me to tell you what is happening here, in my little patch of the world:
Snowmageddon: The Sequel/the Knock Out Punch
or perhaps: Snowpocolypse: Death to All Snowblowers and Shovels... and Backs....
or: Dude Where's My Car/House? (duh, buried, never to be seen until the spring thaw)... or Dude, Where's the Plow Trucks?/Pain Reliever?

It's an adventure! We had almost 30" on Sat., another 8-9 inches last night, and a LOT today and calling for a foot more before midnight tonight! We've broken the all-time record in less than a week for the winter season snowfalls in recorded history in our area.

Of course this pleases the daughter greatly. (The worlds longest Presidents Weekend vacation.)

I bet you can guess some of what I will be doing while the blizzard rages outside (besides shoveling snow)??

Oui, le papier d'art!




I will be going to Paris (w/ a side trip to Brussels, Belguim and Amsterdam) next year (!!!!!) and I made this to hold all the ephemera, tickets, and notes etc. while in Paris.
I'm not done with it yet, but I got a decent start on it, and I am pleased with how it turned out thus far.














Le Supply and Details/Semi-How-To Liste:

Le Cover:
~Two pieces of chipboard (mine happened to be 8 1/2 inches x 5 1/4", by Cosmo Cricket (old) & covered with red paper.)
Then I ripped a page from a very old (1880's) french-english dictionary (see photo below) that I bought for 25 cents at a library book sale. The paper was so fragile that when I ran the tape runner (tombow) glue over it, it ripped, so I had to run the glue on the red base, and then attach the page/paper down on to the cover.



The alpha's/PARIS title are glittered chipboard from several different sets: Heidi Swap, Making Memories, and K & Co..
Le Crown is STAMPED (stamp from CTMH 'YOU ROCK') heat embossed in silver, and cut out...and Stickles dotted on the jewels of the crown.
Le Key is Stamped (from CTMH 'Key to my Heart' Stamp Set) and heat embossed with mostly silver emb. powder, but sprinkled with a little black emb. powder to give it some patina and depth. Then I cut it out and then wrapped it a bit around a pencil to give it a round/dimensional/real quality.
Le Eiffel Tower and postage stamp are cut out from a vintage photograph, then I Stickled them a bit (w/silver), of course.
The innards:
~accordian fold (scored first) thick paper/CS and attach to chipboard cover (mine are scored and folded every 5". You will need to decide how many 'pages' you want, therefore determining the number of pieces of paper you will use here)
~Attach ribbon of choice for tie-closure. (I happend to have this Paris ribbon; I've been hanging on to it for years. I dont remember where it came from). Make sure you do this before you attach your folder front pieces, so you can hide where you attach your ribbon.
~make template for Pockets and trace to make the 3 (three) 6-pocket sections (as in mine, but you could do less. I think however that more would get too flimsy) Mark and score where it bends before attaching, obviously. For mine, each panel/paper is 10" wide and scored at 5". You would adjust according to your chipboard cover dimensions. You don't have to shape the pockets the way I did, you could certainly simplify or change it.
~Pocket Papers:
the first panel, blank postcards by Making Memories (old, from Love Story line);
the middle section is Graphic 45 from the Transantlantique Collection, Paris Post paper;
the right panel is from Making Memories, Vintage Findings/postcard findings.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Bonne nuit!
xo Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment