Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring, lovely spring...






Hello friends,

Well, I'm still swamped with life right now, still working with public administrators and such, but I'm fine, my usual happy self. (thank you for the personal emails) I just have less time right now. While I have not had time to create in my art studio, I have been taking a few pictures, and enjoying this unusually warm March weather. I badly needed to relax this weekend, so I laid out in the sunshine (it was 75 all weekend!), got quite a tan too! I read several books, used the grill (grilled salmon on Saturday and grilled filet mignon on Sunday), did a bit of writing, and played in my flower beds a little. The trees are budding, and the hyacinths are up!
Above is a picture of one of them.

Can I just pause here, in total randomness and say: I WANT THIS KITCHEN in my beach house!!

Is it not full of awesome sauce?!

That retro fridge and stove, those light fixtures, that tile, the sea glass color with crisp white...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. *SWOON!*

(picture from Coastal Living Magazine, on of my favorites)

In this spectacularly fun kitchen, I want to bake this:
(seriously, YES! So fantastic and yummy. From Doodle Bread)

I will make some time this week to work in my art studio and post whatever I create here for you. I apologize for being absent so long.
In the meantime, I hope this finds you well, being creative, and enjoying spring.

~Cheryl


2 comments:

  1. I just recently found your blog and started reading - have you bookmarked - you are a woman after my own heart - LOVE that you took such loving care of YOU this weekend and love your menu and YES! I alos would LOVE to live in this kitchen - gorgeous!!
    Be well!
    Wendy in Tucson, AZ
    azsmistygirl@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    Glad you're taking good care of yourself - we need time for just that! I'm "hankerin' for a steak" now - just thinking about grilling . . . hmmm. It's almost the weekend :D

    I, too, love that kitchen! How absolutely FUN!

    ReplyDelete